PEBA, along with the governor’s office and other healthcare authorities in South Carolina, is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our state. The safety of our membership is our top priority. If you are sick, we encourage you to take advantage of the MUSC Health Virtual Care telehealth service, which is available at no cost to all State Health Plan members, including our Medicare-primary members.
Here’s how to use this service:
- Go to www.MUSChealth.org/virtual-care.
- Click Get Care Now, then Create Account.
- Select State Health Plan, then Continue.
The best preventive measures against COVID-19 are the same as those for the flu or other viruses:
- Stay home if you are sick, regardless of whether your symptoms match COVID-19.
- Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds. An alternative is to use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue away.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
For the latest information about COVID-19, refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website. For the latest information about the spread of the disease in South Carolina, see the Department of Health and Environmental Control’s website.